Process Design Engineer
Are you eager to contribute to a cleaner environment and be part of the Blue Economy?
Is water something you think of as a critical part of operational integrity in any industry? Is being part of an international and growing team providing innovative and sustainable solutions for improving water quality and the circular economy one of your passions? Then you might be our new Process Design Engineer.
Alumichem is built on solid expertise in Environmental Chemistry, Engineered Solutions and Research & Innovation. The goal of the Engineered Solutions team is to provide complete solutions for optimal water treatment and help our clients meet stringent discharge regulations for water and wastewater while considering recirculation options and applicability to the circular economy. Founded and run by entrepreneurs, Alumichem is an agile workplace where everyone can influence the direction and growth of the company.
We are looking for a process engineer who wants to be a central part of designing our future solutions. You will drive process design and join projects in the Engineered Solutions team that provides unique engineered water treatment systems for aquaculture and industrial applications. You’ll join a dynamic and growing team that takes a project from start to finish. You will be doing conceptual process design and support the project through to delivery, installation, and commissioning while working in close collaboration with other departments, suppliers, partners, and customers.
Your working areas will be:
- Innovative design concepts to solve customer water discharge and reuse objectives
- Leading the process design from concept to completion in close collaboration with the rest of the team and stakeholders
- Anchor point for process flow diagrams, process control strategies, and layouts
- Performing risk assessments, ensuring process and equipment comply with safety and quality standards
- Visiting customer sites to evaluate design opportunities
- Evaluating and procuring equipment for process systems/plant
- Developing and optimizing system design for growing client requirements
- Reviewing emerging technologies for applicability to future projects
- Collaboration with Research & Innovation team on future technologies
To succeed in this role, you should hold:
- Engineering degree or similar
- 5+ years of experience in process engineering
- A passion for collaborating in a team and cross-disciplinary environment
- Communication and language skills to effectively manage internal and external stakeholders
- A desire to combine office work with some site work at our international customer sites
Furthermore, the following will add to your impact in this role:
- Experience with design tools for process engineering
- Experience with CAD design tools (e.g., Autodesk environment)
- Experience with supervision, commissioning and/or operation of process plants
- Experience with water and sludge treatment processes and/or aquaculture
- Experience with English as the main business language
This job will be based at our headquarters in Birkerød close to Copenhagen, Denmark.
Alumichem is a leading Nordic producer of functional aluminates, environmental chemistry, and engineered system solutions – serving customers all over the world. Our products are used in a wide range of applications and industrial processes from water treatment and eco-friendly deicing to battery technology, powering the future of zero-carbon transportation.
Alumichem is headquartered in Birkerød, Denmark, we have our own production in Kalundborg, and additional departments in Belgium, Ghana, and Vancouver, Canada. We have deployed projects in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Canada, Mexico, Ghana and we are working on many more international opportunities.
We conduct job interviews on an on-going basis, so apply as soon as possible
Contact: Apply via the link below or contact Trevor Gent, Sales Manager on Tel: +45 53 55 77 06 for further information.