Water & Wastewater Treatment
We are looking for a mechanical engineer who wants to be hands-on in bringing our engineered systems into operation
THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
Do you want to contribute to a cleaner and healthier environment? Do you want to be part of building the next big player in the water industry? Do you want to be part of an international and growing team providing innovative, efficient, and sustainable solutions for improving water quality and circular economy? Then you might be our new Mechanical Engineer.
We are looking for a mechanical engineer who wants to be hands-on in bringing our engineered systems into operation. The position is based in our Engineered Solutions Business Unit that provides engineered water treatment systems for aquaculture and industrial applications. You’ll join a dynamic and growing team of engineers that design, deliver, commission, and troubleshoot water treatment plants in close collaboration with other departments, suppliers, partners, and customers.
Alumichem is built on solid expertise in environmental chemistry, technology, and knowledge. We provide complete solutions and services for optimal water treatment and help industries and municipalities meet stringent regulations for water and wastewater. Founded and run by entrepreneurs, Alumichem is an agile workplace where everyone has the opportunity to influence the direction and growth of the company.
Your working areas will be
- Actively taking part in engineering projects from concept to commissioning in close collaboration with the rest of the engineering team and external stakeholders
- Producing and reviewing project documentation such as process flow diagrams, P&IDs, manuals, control strategies, and layouts
- Procuring equipment/spare parts and participate in FAT tests at key suppliers
- Planning and conducting customer site visits during multiple phases of the projects (installation, commissioning, troubleshooting, service, etc.)
- Performing remote and on-site support and troubleshooting of our running plants
- Bringing operational and hands-on learnings into future system designs
To succeed in this role, you should hold
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or similar (e.g., maskinmester)
- A desire to combine office work with practical site work at our international customer sites
- A passion for collaborating in a team and cross-disciplinary environment
- Communication and language skills to effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
Furthermore, the following will add to your impact in this role:
- Hands-on experience with water treatment plants and/or aquaculture
- Experience with installation, supervision, commissioning and/or operation of process plants
- Experience with CAD design tools (AutoCAD)
This job will be based at our headquarters in Birkerød close to Copenhagen, Denmark. You are expected to travel to international customer sites in this role.
Alumichem is a leading Nordic producer of functional aluminates, environmental chemistry, and engineered system solutions – serving customers all over the world. Our products are used in a wide range of applications and industrial processes from water treatment and eco-friendly deicing to battery technology, powering the future of zero-carbon transportation. Alumichem is headquartered in Birkerød, Denmark, we have our own production in Kalundborg, and additional departments in Belgium, Ghana, and Vancouver, Canada.
We conduct job interviews on an on-going basis, so apply as soon as possible, but no later than March 24, 2023.
Post date: 02.03.23
Application date: THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER ACTIVE